Saturday, May 19, 2012

Aspiring Writers, Get in Here!!!!

Hey everyone!! Hope all is well. Okay, so I've still been on workaholic mode; writing, reading manuscripts, attending business meetings and book interviews so I definitely had to take this time to check in with all of you. I can't thank everyone enough for all the emails and notes through my contact page with your reviews, support and inspirational words. I especially love the emails from aspiring writers asking for advice and tips on publishing because I can remember when I was reaching out to Authors when I first started out seeking feedback. Some replied some didn't and I promised myself that once I planted my seed in this game, I would never act brand new. That being said, your emails have inspired me to do weekly blogs on publishing advice/tips so make sure you keep checking in weekly for some tips on what have worked for me. Today I will share the number ONE jewel which is to do your RESEARCH. I know you may have heard that a million times but it's critical in order to stay afloat in this business. Rather you want to get published or go the self-publishing route, research the business to learn the ins and outs of publishing. It's a cut-throat business but if you enter with your business game tight, you will succeed. If you go in blind you will get minimal results. Remember there are tons of Authors out there no matter what genre you choose, so think about that "something different" you can bring to the table to stand out, come fully equipt with your knowledge from all of your research and you will WIN!

2 comments: