Friday, June 15, 2012

NYC Update!!

The NYC trip was everything I expected and more. From the time I arrived, up until the time I left, I was going NON-STOP! Like seriously, I had my flats on deck because I would leave one meeting and have to catch a taxi to the next and we all know that walking NY streets in heels is not the business. Anyway, I was honored to have meetings at the beautiful offices of Essence, BlackEnterprise & Interactive One to name a few. I have to say that everyone that I met with were so cool and down to earth. It's funny because when I meet w/people in this business, they always embrace my backstory first because of the journey of where I've been to where I am now. Like, who would have thought that a chick from the hood could literally go from the streets to the board room? It's all such a BLESSING because not only is the expansion of my brand increasing but the magazines are making some great stories out of our meetings that could inspire others who have been through similar situations not to give up.  I always say, if I can make it, so you can you. All and all, the meetings were successful and it had the perfect ending which was at the Black Pack Party at Londel's in Harlem. It was packed with anyone who is anyone in publishing. It's always good to rub elbows with my fellow Authors that I don't get to see often. The pic below is of me, Brandie Randolph (Bad Girls Books Show host) Author Tamika Newhouse, and some of Urban fiction's vets, K'wan, Erick and JM Benjamin. We had a ball! I'll see you again soon NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment